Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sometimes It's Hard To Keep Things Straight

A typical dosimeter badge
To get to work I have to get up at about 4:30 AM so I can catch a bus out to the middle of nowhere. During the hour and a half long bus ride I try (usually unsuccessfully) to sleep. Once I get to work, I'm usually pretty groggy and take a while to fully wake up.

On Friday I decided to dress a little more casually than usual, so I put on a Godzilla T-shirt that a friend recently gave me. A couple hours later I found myself at work and picking up the dosimeter badge I wear to monitor my radiation exposure. As I clipped the dosimeter onto my shirt, I briefly thought, "I shouldn't put my dosimeter right next to Godzilla; he's radioactive."

It's funny how often your mind can conceive such bizarre thoughts, especially when you're tired.

All giant monsters love trains

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails